Tuesday, January 13, 2009

January 13th

 


Dreaming of...

Do toys dream? As a young child I was horse crazy and drove my parents crazy. As a substitute I had a reasonable collection of model farm animals, horses and accessories, including a landrover and horse float, made by Britains. I still have a few of the model animals left but am unsure where they are.

When I was 10 I got my first pony - after a few years I probably looked a little like this toy horse and rider (without the top hat). 10 years later I rode in my one and only 3 day event, getting placed in the Novice section. The background photo is of me riding in the dressage competition.

I couldn't get my photo organised this evening and tried 3 or 4 different combinations of toys. Although I am not very happy with this one it will have to do.
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. I love this one! The background is so ironic as you look so smart and proper compared to the comical-looking toy. Great colour opposing the B&W background. Awesome stuffs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the setup here, so creative! works really well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well done for posting! And you had a clever idea too! I like the way she appears to be looking at the TV.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very creative with the cartoony figure against the photo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very creative composition! I love how the toy contrasts with your b&w photo and how they seem to interact.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is great!!! Thanks for making me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I too was a horse crazy child and I am still a horse crazy woman fast approaching 60! I was blog surfing and found your blog. It is creative
    : ) I like the composition of this photo.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice setup! Coming and going - nice juxtaposition.

    ReplyDelete