Sunday, January 25, 2009

January 25th

 


Lighthouse

I have spent much of the weekend out in my workshop fixing old PC's and sorting out toys! It has become a dumping ground, when tidying up I found that half the cardboard boxes only had packing material in them. I am looking forward to rubbish day.

Anyway while I was waiting for an old PC to install Windows 98, I started doing this 3D lighthouse, it was great fun and a different challenge to the usual flat jigsaw. I had to take a photo of the finished article, it was taken on the top rail of our deck and I had fun adding the lighting effects in photoshop. If I had got less of the jagged right side I thikn it would almost look real. In fact my husband did ask me where I had taken it...LOL
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. Wow! When I first looked at that I was thinking to myself, something looks wierd about that lighthouse!

    Amazing picture, the post processing was well worth it! Nice job on the jigsaw too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The lighting effects work very well and the sky you put in is pretty specky too. Very good result! And an interesting jigsaw. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job making this look VERY real......I had to do a double take thinking wow...that's not a toy

    ReplyDelete
  4. WoW very cool shot I too had to look twice well done

    ReplyDelete
  5. The lighting effect is very impressive - gives off a really stormy effect and I wouldn't have known you had added the effect if you hadn't said anything. Actually yes I would - because I know what kind of weather we have been having - and it hasn't been stormy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your PP work has done wonders...it does look real. A different and splendid photo.

    ReplyDelete
  7. PURE AWESOMENESS!!!! I love this one!!

    ReplyDelete