Wednesday, January 21, 2009

January 22nd

 


Cute Seal Pup

How do you make a 90cm long stuffed seal pup look interesting in the middle of Tirau?
Use Photoshop to create a pond for him to swim in...with the NZ bush as a backdrop.

I bought this from www.trademe.co.nz a very succesful NZ online auction site. I remember going into the city to pick him up from a large seafood market. My daughter loved it, but somehow he ended up down with us in Tirau and not with her at her Dads. At 90 cm long, 20 cm tall and 50cm wide he takes up a lot of room - LOL.

The funniest memory I have of this toy, is when Dans old school friend was visiting from England. We were having a small party and after a few drinks he picked this up from the couch convinced it was a rabbit and wondering where its face was. Somewhere there is a photo of Chris holding the seal upside down and back to front.

Random thought
I always enjoyed it at school when the date ended in st, nd or rd...th was so common. LOL
Posted by Picasa

5 comments:

  1. AWWWWWWW! This is CUTE. He is ADORABLE and I think you should courier him along to me with the teddy bear. Funnt story about the rabbit thing LOL! The pond and bush work well. Lovely photograph.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute. What a huge toy to have knocking around! And I see the rabbit too. With a bit of wine in a person, I can see why it would happen! Nice one.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awwwww what cute little toy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should make a group photo with all of your animals.....I really like the straight on perspective of this!

    ReplyDelete
  5. He looks monstrous in that setting!

    ReplyDelete