Friday, January 16, 2009

January 17th

 



Bionicle Power!

Finn hasn't been a big collector of toys like his elder brother Daniel. Around the time we moved to Tirau in 2002 he was collecting the Lego Slizers and Bionicles. I am not sure which one this is, but I had great fun putting it together a few months ago. LOL.

A quick shot today as we are heading to Auckland to spend the weekend with Finn before he heads out to Brazil on a year Rotary Exchange. He is going to São João da Boa Vista.

**edit I have since checked and this is a Bionicle called Lewa.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

  1. The item in the background is kind of confusing to me....I think a plain background may have served you better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also find that he kind of dissolves into his background, and that a plainer background would have been better. Nice lighting though.

    Have a great weekend away and I hope this doesn't stop you posting every day on time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep! I agree with the background comment. I think it's a Slizer BTW. We used to have these at the toy library - but after a while decided the pieces were too small!! Hope you have a lovely weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. A strange looking fellow indeed.
    A wee bit confusing with all the pieces behind him, remember your backgrounds, and try and keep them plain.
    Have a great weekend and stay with us all, you're doing such nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He doesn't really look like a Bionicle to me...But whatever he is, he is very sci-fi looking :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I hoped to make it look like it was coming out of the computer motherboard. I will try to be more creative next week (except Wednesday)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your set-up, actually. I thought the same thing you were hoping for - the juxtaposition makes it look like a miniature version of a "Godzilla" movie. My son loved Bionicles when he was younger. This is a cool shot!

    ReplyDelete