Sunday, January 4, 2009

January 4th


This was my grandmothers bear.

She lived on her for many years. One Christmas (late 80's) I got him as a present to keep her company as he responded to noise, in his own language. She seemed to be happy living with him.

She had always had a small collection of toys. I remember a lovely home made eeyore donkey, a basil brush style fox and a small hedgehog. One year (1993, there is a label on her foot) my father gave her a large teddy bear. When she died aged 83, my mother ended up with the small hedgehog and large teddy bear. I looked after AG Bear, but as our house was too noisy for him to join in, I removed his talk box he has been silent for a while now.
Posted by Picasa

11 comments:

  1. Aaaww, how sad for AG Bear to be without his voice! A great shot and with great lighting. He looks like he is on a stakeout or a big adventure! Nice work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. he looks very handsome sitting up in the tree, I wonder what he is thinking?
    Nice lighting job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. He looks a bit sad up in the tree, as if he is waiting for his voice to return. I love the simple setting that makes his t-shirt stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like the juxtaposition of the soft bear against the crackly bark/lichen/moss stuff on the tree. Works well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great setting and love the vignetting

    ReplyDelete
  6. He looks a bit sad sitting alone in the darkness....what a story your toys have to tell

    ReplyDelete
  7. That is soooo sad! Poor AG Bear. He does look a bit miffed. But I do like the lighting you've used for this shot.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yep...he does look very sad! Was this taken at night, or did you darken the edges in ps?

    ReplyDelete
  9. He doesn't look too happy sitting on the branch... I also like the lighting, it shows the rough texture of the tree against his soft fluffy body.

    I love your stories about the toys, keep them coming :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. The lighting here works so well. It's a great pose too!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks everyone.
    Lisa; yes I did use a vignette effect in Photoshop. There are a few tiny patches of blue sky showing through the branches.

    ReplyDelete