Friday, January 30, 2009

January 30th



James

This is my favourite and well loved bear, James. I got him around the time my brother was born, I was almost three. He has been cuddled so much his fur has worn off twice. Years ago (pre 1976) when we realised his fur was wearing thin my mother contacted the makers Wendy Boston and asked if she could buy some material to patch him with, they sent us a piece for free all the way to NZ from UK. It was enough to cover his ears and arms and chest. I love my mother, she also made him a red pair of corduroy trousers.

I had high expectations for this photo, I was going to wear my teddy bear winter dressing gown and take my own photo holding James. I don't have a remote and although I had a two second delay I couldn't get the focus right and after the first photos at 29 Celsius inside I couldn't wear my dressing gown anymore.

This was the best I could get. I think it looks like I am holding a young child instead of a 40 something bear. LOL!
Posted by Picasa

8 comments:

  1. What a touching story. Cherish him always! We are almost done! I have enjoyed your gallery although I haven't commented much. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a very special bear and such a lovely story. As the owner of many soft toys I have a soft spot for this picture. And I would highly recommend investing in a remote - they are so useful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've just read your Worth profile.
    I design web sites too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awwwwwwwwwwwww - I love your story, and love hearing you say "dressing gown"!! Sounds so much more elegant than what I would call a "gown".
    How cold is 29 celsius???? Im assuming thats cold?
    .......cridley

    ReplyDelete
  5. You can tell that bear has been loved a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Awesome story, with patching that bear with cloth all the way from the UK. Very interesting and so cool that they sent it over. What an awesome bear!

    Congratulations on finishing 30 days. I hope you have a little left over for day 31 to finish the month, but you did extremely well to do all 30! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is the most loved bear I've ever seen, he looks just gorgeous! What a lovely story to go with it too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. That bear looks like he's been hugged a million times :) He's enchanting the way he is and I love how the light is muted, it's very fitting. Thanks for sharing the story, it's very poignant.

    ReplyDelete